Sunday, January 24, 2010

Super Bowl Bound!

YIPPEE!!!
The Colts are going to the Super Bowl!
Susie was SOOOO excited...
Actually, Susie does NOT like watching football games! It usually means that her Mom and Dad are yelling, which upsets her and sends her running to her bed! Since Dad is in Indianapolis watching the game in person, Mom was unusually quiet, so she stayed in the office for the entire game. Susie was in for a shock last Thursday when I went back to work for the first time in two weeks. I think she had really gotten used to having someone home with her all of the time. She played hard in the evenings when we were both home. She even fell asleep in the middlde of the mess she made! My first day back at work was a little harder than I had anticipated. They were very accomodating and gave me a very easy assignment, but I was very sore from moving around for 12 hours. My second day, Friday, I had to float to another ICU, but it went better overall than the first day. It was nice to be back in the swing of things, but I missed spending the days with Susie and Kitty and watching the squirrels and birds.
I bought some ears of corn for the squirrels, who seem to be looking a little chunky. I wonder why that is??
This squirrel single-handedly ate an ENTIRE ear of corn on Saturday!
I was so excited for Bryan to get to go to the AFC championship game and watch the Colts win! Susie has been a little out of sorts and missing him, though. Beginning at 1:47am this morning, she began waking me up every hour or so to go check for him. I'm hoping we both sleep better tonight! It might be short lived, though. Bryan gets back into Atlanta on Monday afternoon, and then leaves again on Tuesday to fly to Orlando for the oral portion of his exam! He's been studying so hard. I know he'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers this Wednesday (the day of his exam)! He will find out on Thursday if he is a Board Certified General Surgeon!
I was able to get a good video of Susie playing this past week... she's very choosy about which treats are best for "throwing", and I was finally able to get to Petco and get more of the proper variety.
And this last video is of Susie snoring. Turn your volume up before you play it, to get the full affect! We were calling her to go outside to potty one last time before bed, and she had already gotten in to bed and was sleeping hard.

Hope you all have a great week. I'm working Monday and Tuesday, and hopefully on Thursday, we'll be celebrating!

No comments: