Friday, January 15, 2010

Our porch needs a good sweeping...

We've had a pretty good week here...

I'm continuing to heal up, Bryan has had a light week with lots of time for studying, and Susie had been on a long walk every day. Kitty has had a nice week, too... lots of squirrel and bird-watching, and special time with her Dad!

We've also been playing the Wii! Our favorite game so far is Wii bowling. I took pictures of our "Mii" people. I'm sure you can tell which one is Bryan and which one is me.

I made some new suet for the birds (squirrels). This one used corn meal instead of flour. I think they liked it. With her dad studying so much this week, Susie has spent a lot of time in the office. This picture below has been a common scene.
And the reason for the title of this post...
Let me provide some history first... I'm a Beezley. We're born squirrel-feeders. My grandparents fed a squirrel for years. She lost her teeth, and they had to grind her nuts for her. She was lovingly referred to as 'Tinker'. My dad fed squirrels. My Aunt Cheryl has them eating out of her hand, as well. So... something about seeing the little squirrels on our balcony touched some deep, genetically imprinted urge. Soooo... I thought I'd put out some cheerios. And then yesterday, some peanut butter puffins (cereal). And today, some walnuts. I caught some footage (along with Kitty's commentary), of them enjoying the feast (and making a collosal mess).

No comments: