Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Re-joining the workforce.

Day two of orientation is complete, and I'm convinced there is really no need for pharmaceutical sleep aides. Nope. Just sit yourself down in front of a series of videos recounting the history of the Sisters of Mercy (circa 1880). All kidding aside, I am nearly half-way finished with the mandatory week of corporate compliance education, computer training, and yes, videos recounting the history of the Sisters of Mercy. Speaking of the Sisters, I met one, and was delighted with her. Very nice ladies, indeed. Today I dumped a 32oz soft drink in the cafeteria. I know, I know. You're wondering why I needed a 32oz soft drink... it was necessary to counteract the sedating effects from the computer training.

While doing the usual weekend chores, I was entertained (very easily) by how many shades of blue and green scrubs Bryan and I have between the two of us. My navy scrub top is on the left, and Bryan wears a different color for each of four different hospitals he rounds/operates at! He sees patients at a fifth hospital soon, so there may be a new color.
Susie would like all inquiring parties to know that she is dealing well with her Mom and Dad both being gone during the day. And there was a first tonight! She greeted her Dad's homecoming with happy "Oooooo Oooooo Oooooo"s! (She hopes it will result in larger quantities of string cheese being shared...)
Hope you're all having a great week.

No comments: