Monday, August 17, 2009

Not me MONDAY... and other news.

Are you feeling guilty for eating ice cream for breakfast? Mortified because your child undressed during church? "Not me Monday" is a feature from Mckmamma's blog, mycharmingkids.net. It allows you to reveal your more embarassing moments in true "I didn't do that!" fashion.
For instance, I certainly did NOT get down on my hands and knees to get a closer look at an upside-down palmetto bug wriggling around on our kitchen floor. And you know that I DEFINITELY did not squish the bug after it made eye contact with me. I also want it to be known that I did NOT laze on the loveseat for the entire PGA final, and would never pretend to have seen Tiger putt and comment on it, when I was actually asleep. Not me!

So, in other news, we've had a pretty busy week and weekend. I worked three shifts in the CVICU, and Bryan was on call this weekend. He took his exam on Thursday, and we celebrated by having dinner at

The service was truly exceptional, and we enjoyed a nice view of the river (we're not sure what river it is!) from our table. They even called Bryan on Saturday to see how we liked dining there! Bryan will get the results from his exam in about 4 weeks. He's nervous, pending the results, but he's definitely enjoyed not having to study every night after work. He is now working with a different surgeon in the practice for the next several weeks. We're looking forward to next weekend and getting to visit the World of Coke! Work for me has been going well. It has been a big internal struggle reconciling the differences in practice between Methodist and St. Joe's. I have enjoyed the patients, though, and am trying to be open to the change, realizing that there can be more than one way to do something.
Kitty and Susie have been happy and healthy. Susie seems to be able to "break out" of the baby gate when her Dad fastens it. She thinks her Dad is somewhat of a pushover! I prefer to seclude her to one room when we are both gone. Something about having the whole house to herself sometimes brings out naughty behavior.
Kitty has developed a close, personal relationship with a red blanket we have. This blanket is special, and we call it "Red Snappy Blanket," or "Red Snappy" for short. Bryan used to have a chenille blanket on his couch that was getting frayed, so his Mom gave him a beautiful fluffy blanket for Christmas. The blanket was so staticky, it snapped and popped whenever Bryan used it. We started calling it the red, snappy blanket, and it stuck. He doesn't snap anymore, thanks to fabric softener, but the name remains.
Here's Kitty enjoying some time with Red Snappy. She kneads him for long periods of time, and gets a little... uh... catty if you try to interrupt her! I've also tried a few new recipes lately that I will post on here soon. They're quick and easy, but taste like you've spent a lot of time on them! I hope you all have a great week.

No comments: